It's FALL y'all!

It's Fall festival week and teachers have gone all out decorating their doorways for our upcoming fall festival. Unfortunately I cannot attend this year - however I wanted to use the opportunity to have my pullout students set up an interactive door!

I LOVE cognates. I find them fascinating - and a good transition lesson in teaching Idioms which are such a slippery slope (see what I did there?!)


Before you attempt your own uses with the "orange words":
the following sentences are by my 2nd graders:
*Let's fall in love! (my model)
* I fell down the stairs.
*Falling into a leaf pile
*I fell over a bunch of apples.
*When the leaves fall off and they start to change color.
*When I was sleeping, I fell out of bed.
My fourth grader contributed this idiom:
*I took a test, my score is 95%, and I fell short of my goal of 100%.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How do you measure a year in the life?"

2016 One Word: Intentional

Anchor down!/ "Anchors away"?