Frostie the Goat!

What does a goat have to do with teaching or education in general?

I saw this video of a little goat named, "Frostie the snow goat" that came across my FaceBook stream.
I always hesitate to watch animal video's because I'm a softie - I cry at the drop of a hat when it comes to animals (especially hurt animals). I haven't even watched Bambie for goodness sake because I've heard it's sad!

Ok, so back to education......
watch first - then this will all make sense
http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/update-frostie-snow-goats-walks-again

What if Frostie was left to die?
What if Frostie was never seen as having the possibility to get around, let alone walk again?
Yes, I know Frostie is an animal and not really comparable to children (although my 4 legged kids are pretty near and dear to my heart).

So into the classroom?
What if we saw our kids as 'already failed'?
What if we saw little "Johnny" or "Jane" as without hope?

OR what if we saw the success story of Frostie in every child?
How would that shape your day? Your lesson preparation and implementation?
Your disposition?

I realize I have posed a lot of questions in this post instead of giving you my thoughts - or the thoughts of others. The reason for that is because you always have a choice. Every morning you wake up you decide your attitude. This also came across my FB feed - and thought it fit nicely into this reflective message. If only Frostie could talk............




Comments

  1. Great Blog post Geniene. I love the message. Look at every individual for their potential, not judging their ability to succeed on where they are currently. When I first saw Frostie I thought he would be able to walk with the accommodation provided for him, but he surpassed that and walked, no, BOUNCED all on his own!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"How do you measure a year in the life?"

2016 One Word: Intentional

Anchor down!/ "Anchors away"?